Job Title: Individual Taxation Manager
Location: New York, NY
Status: Full Time, Employee
Experience: 10+ Years individual taxation experience
Prior supervisory experience
Our mid-size accounting firm with a diverse client base seeks a motivated Individual Taxation Manager with significant experience in individual taxation. Strong quantitative and analytical skills required for staff management and client relationships.
As a leading member on our tax services team, the Individual Taxation Manager will apply his/ her industry knowledge and experience to the following:
- Focus on tax projects for individual clients.
- Provide proactive and personalized tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise directly to clients.
- Advise clients on tax strategies including tax minimization and profitability planning.
- Interface with legal, business and finance practices and comply with all applicable authorities to ensure seamless, timely, efficient and accurate tax compliance and information reporting.
As a supervisor of staff, the Individual Taxation Manager will:
- Manage and mentor staff accountants on tax and related projects.
- Review work prepared by associates and provide review comments.
- Develop and help drive in-house training initiatives.
Skills: Solid verbal and written communication
Excellent personnel development and delegation skills, including training/instruction
Ability to research complex tax issues.
Career Level: Individual Taxation Manager
CPA designation is a plus.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Software: Computer literacy is a must, with a solid understanding of Microsoft office products, CCH Prosystem and QuickBooks.